Of course you have to have a catchy title, but what this really says is
… in today’s increasingly social media-infused environment,
traditional marketing and sales not only doesn’t work so well, it
doesn’t make sense. Think about it: an organization hires people —
employees, agencies, consultants, partners — who don’t come from the
buyer’s world and whose interests aren’t necessarily aligned with his,
and expects them to persuade the buyer to spend his hard-earned money on
something. Huh? When you try to extend traditional marketing logic into
the world of social media, it simply doesn’t work.
Yes but there are assumptions there.
Marketing WHAT to WHOM?
As opposed to just selling.
Which makes the point that book publishers have come adrift as far as
marketing in the Internet world goes.
- Marketing Isn’t Dead – Just Morphing (prweb.com)
- Are There Zombies In Your Marketing? (forbes.com)
- Frustrated with Social Media Marketing Strategies for your SMB or NPO? If You Can Sell, You Can Market. (bizcommunicator.wordpress.com)
- Social Media Marketing- the way of modern Business trend (vpssell.com)
- 5 Steps to Successful Marketing With Multiple Media (startupprofessionals.com)